- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
November 28-29, 2017 | Mary M Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
DSI’s 4th Space Resiliency Summit is designed as an educational and training “Town Hall” forum, where thought leaders and key policy-makers across military services, defense agencies, and civilian organizations can come together for actionable discussions and debate. This year’s summit will focus on technology and innovation needed to defend critical space assets against increasing and new threats.
This Year’s Speakers to Include:
- Robert Lightfoot, Acting Administrator, NASA
- Stephen Kitay, SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Space Policy, US Department of Defense
- Shawn Barnes, SES, Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff for Space Operations, USAF
- Maj Gen Clinton Crosier, USAF, Director, Operational Capability Requirements, Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Requirements, USAF
- Brig Gen Mark Baird, USAF, Director, Space Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Acquisition
- Lt Gen Larry James, USAF (Ret), Deputy Director, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, NASA
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
- DSI’s summit directly supports DoD, IC, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
[Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS]
2017 Summit Topics to Include
- – DoD Efforts to Update Space Policy to Ensure Resiliency
- – ODNI Perspective Towards Space Resiliency
- – Role of Small Satellites in Enhancing Global Situational Awareness
- – DoD’s Latest Initiatives to Protect Space Assets in a Contested Space Environment
- – Implementing DoD Strategic Guidance and National Security Space Strategy
- – The Role of FCC Licensing in Space Situational Awareness and Space Traffic Management
- – Countering Threats in the Space Domain
- – Understanding the Problems of a Contested Space Environment
- – Accelerating the Pace of Innovation to Combat Sophisticated Adversarial Threats in Space
At Our Summit You Will Have the Ability to
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing space agencies and officials.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Why You Should Attend This Summit:
- Space resiliency has become of critical importance to our national security. With potential adversaries developing advanced space capabilities, military and government organizations are now heavily engaged in developing policies, plans and technology to ensure the resiliency of our nation’s satellite constellations. At the Space Resiliency Summit, participants will explore the latest initiatives from leading space organizations to address this critical topic.
- In order for military commands, intelligence agencies and government agencies to meet the challenges posed to our space architecture, they, along with industry partners, will need to develop solutions to problems that didn’t exist twenty years ago. This promotes unique challenges that were not conceived when space was considered a benign environment. Now that space have become increasingly contested and congested, conversations like the one we seek to foster at the Space Resiliency Summit, are more important than ever.
- DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summits’ content and focus areas. We seek to bring together the respected leaders from US military commands, leading research centers, government agencies, and industry technology providers. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Opportunities:
The Space Resiliency Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.